We do data recovery on all the major hard drive brands:
Hard drive Recovery with Physical Problems
Turn your media off
Your hard drive is most likely having a physical damage if it has any of the following symptoms:
- Immediately disconnect power to your device by unplugging it or by using its power switch. Do not shut down hard drives, flash drives, and other devices normally, as this may overwrite data and make it more difficult to conduct a successful hard drive repair. Clients who follow this advice greatly increase their odds of successful data retrieval.
- Do not run data recovery software: Commercial programs can damage your device if used improperly or if your media has physical damage.
- Contact our certified Winnipeg data recovery experts can provide a risk-free media evaluation, providing you with a price quote, turnaround estimate. Once you accept our quote, we can start treating your case right away.
- Clicking sounds
- Scratching or grinding sounds (turn off immediately!)
- Other strange noises
- Not powering on
- Powers on but does not spin up
- Burning smell
- Not being recognized by the computer or operating system
- Other obvious signs of physically malfunctioning hard drive
Hard drive Recovery with Logical Problems
This means a file system issues or "logical" disk problems. If you or someone else has:
- accidentally deleted data
- deleted or formatted the partition
- a virus has made your hard drive data inaccessible
- a few bad sectors causing computer freezes
In these cases, using a recovery software would not be your best course of action and could only make matters worse and possibly making further recovery attempts impossible.